Architectural consultancy Hawkins/Brown has won planning consent for the 13,560 sq ft refurbishment and extension of an 1854 railway shed in High Wycombe.
Working with engineers Heyne Tillett Steel on behalf of the former Wycombe District Council (WDC), Hawkins/Brown drew up a scheme for the Grade II-listed shed which was built by Isambard Kingdom Brunel for the Great Western Railway.
WDC, now part of the new Buckinghamshire Council, had acquired the site in 2019 and instructed Hawkins/Brown to design a scheme to introduce flexible commercial uses in the building.
The shed, directly in front of High Wycombe railway station, is a key location within the council’s plan to regenerate the eastern district of the town.
The project involves a new main entrance facing the station, landscaping, a new roof, improvements to access, new accessible toilets and a lift to the new mezzanine level within the extension which will add 6,000 sq ft, bringing the total floorspace to 13,560 sq ft.
© Thames Tap No 207 (powered by ukpropertyforums.com)