Hayfield’s Hayfield Avenue development of 40 eco-focused homes in the Cambridgeshire village of Great Gransden have sold out in only 12 months.
All homes at the popular Arts and Crafts style scheme have exchanged prior to build completion, with the final phase of construction now underway.
Kelly Sharman, sales and marketing director of Hayfield said: “Hayfield Avenue has been a very successful scheme for us, enabling our brand to become known in Cambridgeshire. With so little new development in the area, these homes have proved popular with people relocating to the area. Due to the proximity of Addenbrookes and Papworth Hospitals, a number of the local buyers who have moved here work for the NHS.
“We currently have four live sites in the neighbouring county of Bedfordshire and are actively seeking additional development land in Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire, as the demand for premium eco-efficient homes in these areas continues to far exceed the current supply.”
Hayfield describes the development as follows:
Located off Sand Road, the development name of Hayfield Avenue was inspired by the linear route that has been created through the middle of the scheme.
The 4.4-acre site is the award-winning housebuilder’s first project in Cambridgeshire, and a local supply chain was used to maximise the benefits of the £14 million development to the regional economy.
25 per cent of the homes were matched with buyers at the off-plan stage, prior to the development opening to the public. The remaining 75 per cent took only seven months to sell, with many of the dwellings – including the five-bedroom show home – selling within days of being released onto the market.
Each home at Hayfield Avenue features an air source heat pump, energy-efficient underfloor heating, and sound-reducing insulation in the dedicated study, or smallest bedroom, to enable residents to work efficiently while other family members are home.
Hayfield worked with architect and planning consultant Woods Hardwick on the design of the scheme. Following a thorough analysis of the existing high-quality architectural vernacular of Great Gransden, the blueprint for the new houses was inspired by the Arts and Crafts era, taking specific design cues from properties in the village.
A total of 12 house types feature across the development, providing a wide choice of two, three, four and five-bedroom homes. ‘Play Streets’ are incorporated within the centre of the scheme, with the road surface designated as an area for cars and pedestrians to share.
Great Gransden benefits from a traditional village community and has been a previous winner of the Campaign for the Protection of Rural England’s Best Kept Village competition.
It is highly sought-after due to its Ofsted Outstanding schooling, local amenities, peaceful yet convenient location, collection of historic buildings and the Gransden & District Agricultural Society Annual Show.
Hayfield’s nearby live developments include Hayfield Place in the Bedfordshire village of Silsoe, where the final phase of construction is underway for 105 premium houses and bungalows close to English Heritage’s Grade I listed Wrest Park Estate.
The £31m Hayfield Park development of 80 zero-carbon ready homes was recently launched to the market in Bromham, which is within Bedford Borough. In the Central Bedfordshire village of Clophill, Hayfield has recently commenced construction on its £25m Hayfield Lakes development, which will deliver 50 zero-carbon ready homes next to a new 300-acre lake and nature reserve.
Hayfield is currently on-site delivering over 400 homes at nine developments across Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Wiltshire and Worcestershire. The five-year-old company is on track to increase turnover to £150m this year.
Image source: Hayfield
© Eastern Echo (powered by ukpropertyforums.com).
Sign up to receive your free bi-weekly Eastern Echo journal here.