Leading players in developments around Heathrow Airport will join UK Property Forums to discuss its role as a catalyst for growth in the Thames Valley and west London.
The Spotlight on Heathrow webinar, on Thursday November 26, will look at the airport’s significance to the local regions, its future transport links, the changing expectations of tenants at its vast industrial parks and how Covid-19 has affected decision-making.
The line up includes:
- Nick Smith, fund manager for AIPUT, (Airport Industrial Property Unit Trust), part of Aberdeen Standard Investors, one of the main industrial investors at Heathrow
- Cllr Steve Curran, leader of London Borough of Hounslow, who has responsibility for planning and regeneration
- Ruth Bagley, director of Ardynt Consulting and chair of Thames Valley Chamber’s working group on Western Rail Link to Heathrow (WRLtH)
The event will look, not only at the importance of the airport as a commercial hub, but also at its role in the wider regeneration of the neighbouring communities.
Mr Smith said: “Despite all the uncertainty of the Covid/Brexit combination, AIPUT fully expects Heathrow to remain a highly attractive investment target, continuing to perform its role as an essential driver of economic growth, not just for London and the Thames Valley but for the whole of the UK.
“As one of the largest industrial landlords at Heathrow – accounting for almost 30 per cent of new letting deals on and round the airport this year – we are determined to continue to play a leading role in helping facilitate the continued success of the airport and its ecosystem. But what will that success look like in the years to come?”
Aims of the webinar are to help delegates:
- Gain a better understanding of the airport’s evolving role as a driver for economic growth and community resilience
- Understand the connection between the success of Heathrow and the prosperity of connecting communities like Hounslow
- Get up to date on the rail connections to Heathrow and how investment in transport can generate new jobs
- Understand how Covid-19 is changing decision making and how tenants’ expectations are changing
We have 150 free tickets available for subscribers to our newsletters Thames Tap, London West Eastern Echo and members of UK Prop Social. It starts at 11.30am. Places can be booked here.
© Thames Tap (powered by ukpropertyforums.com).
Sign up to receive your free weekly Thames Tap newsletter here.