Ten new science and technology companies have signed leases totalling 45,448 sq ft at MEPC’s Milton Park, five of them during lockdown.
The five to have agreed new leases during lockdown, totalling 28,898 sq ft, are:
- Eden Research which develops products for crop protection and animal health (2,924 sf ft).
- Hypha Discovery which supplies drug companies (8,988 sq ft).
- Sibelius which researches natural products to fight ageing (1,513 sq ft).
- Orbital Astronautics which develops tiny satellites (1,538 sq ft).
- Empiribox which provides science kits to primary schools (13,935 sq ft).
Milton Park had planned to announce the arrival of five expanding technology companies before lockdown but put the announcement on hold. Those occupiers are:
- 30 Technology, a life sciences business, which has moved from 100 Park Drive to number 141 (5,813 sq ft).
- ITGL, an IT consultancy which has taken space at the Innovation Centre.
- LabMinds, which develops robotics for pharmaceutical and life science businesses (2,146 sq ft).
- VivoPlex a spin Southampton University which develops fertility treatment (5,943 sq ft).
- Arctoris, a life sciences firm, (2,648 sq ft).
Philip Campbell, MEPC commercial director at Milton Park, said: “There is no question that the last few months have been unprecedented for so many people in so many ways.
“Therefore, we felt that the arrival of these impressive science and tech start-ups and SMEs to the Milton Park community, all of which are pursuing life-changing science and technological innovation, was one to celebrate.
“Even with Covid-19 and the lockdown, we are proud that Milton Park is continuing to attract new companies to our community. In the last six months, we have agreed a total more than 45,000 sq ft of new space to science and tech SMEs.”
Mr Campbell added: “We also plan to launch further new flexible innovation space in the next 12 months as part of our 2040 Vision, which will ensure that science and tech companies, such as our newest companies can thrive as part of our ecosystem.”
VSL acted for Milton Park.
© Thames Tap No 217 (powered by ukpropertyforums.com)