Epping Forest district residents can take part in a formal consultation on the Strategic Masterplan Framework document for North Weald Bassett.
A consultation was undertaken in June by Vistry Group which is developing the masterplan. Now a further consultation has begun and will run until January 16.
The masterplan includes:
- A minimum of 1,050 new energy efficient homes, including social rented and shared ownership, for local people
- Community facilities and land for healthcare facilities
- Improved access to St Andrew’s Primary School and commitment for either a new primary school or the expansion of St Andrew’s
- New and improved children’s play spaces
- Better sports facilities
- Public open space for recreation and biodiversity
- Additional planting throughout the masterplan area, including a new community orchard
- New retail units
- A new roundabout on the A414 providing direct access to the masterplan area
Informal in-person drop-ins are planned at St Andrew’s School on:
- December 9 from 10am to 2pm
- December 12 from 4pm to 7pm
EFDC deputy leader and place portfolio holder Cllr Nigel Bedford said: “The vision for the strategic masterplan is to deliver a landscape-led plan, which respects the discrete character of the village and utilises existing landscape features.
“The final strategic masterplan for North Weald Bassett will establish a framework and principles for future growth in the village, helping to determine future planning applications.
“I would encourage residents to read the masterplan and have their say.”
© Eastern Echo (powered by ukpropertyforums.com).
Sign up to receive our weekly free journal, The Forum here.