More than 200 industry professionals gathered to celebrate the East of England’s property market at the 2023 Eastern Echo Awards ceremony on Wednesday.
Twelve sustainable trophies were handed out on the evening by former Olympic rower turned coach, consultant and motivational speaker Greg Searle MBE at the ceremony held in the New Dining Hall at Homerton College, Cambridge.
The awards kicked off with the presentation of the Matt Batt Awards, the personal choice of Matthew Battle, managing director of UK Property Forums and joint chair of the panel of judges. These awards went to John Blair, of John Blair Consult and Saunders Boston Architects and Jodie Welch, transport planner at Stantec.
The final award of the evening, Property Leader of the Year, was unveiled and presented to Sven Töpel, chief executive of Brookgate, who has spearheaded CB1, one of the premier developments in Cambridge.
Matthew Battle, managing director of UK Property Forums said: “It’s been great to see the region as a whole be recognised in these awards, with winners from the likes of Norwich and Felixstowe, as well as from Cambridge. The evening has been great, with more than 200 people attending the event is growing year on year. We look forward to doing it all again on June 26, 2024!”
The evening also raised just shy of £3,000 for our chosen charity partner LandAid.
The full list of winners is:
Award for Best Law Firm (sponsored by Carter Jonas)
- Winner – Mills & Reeve
- Highly commended – HCR Hewitsons
Award for Best Planning Advisor (sponsored by Eastern Echo)
- Winner – Bidwells
- Highly commended – Lanpro Services
Award for Best Architect or Landscape Architect (sponsored by Horta Properties)
- Winner – Saunders Boston Architects
- Highly commended – Chaplin Farrant
Award for Best Contractor (sponsored by LandAid)
- Winner – Morgan Sindall
- Highly commended – Barnes Construction
Award for Deal of the Year (sponsored by DevComms)
- Winner – Jaynic for The Range pre-sale at Gateway 14
- Highly commended – Bidwells for Brooklands, Cambridge
Award for Best Residential Development / Developer (sponsored by Savills)
- Winner – More’s Meadow, Cambridge
- Highly commended – Laureate Fields, Felixstowe
Award for Best Commercial Project (sponsored by Churchmanor Estates)
- Winner – CMR Surgical Manufacturing Facility, Ely
- Highly commended – 30 Station Road, Cambridge
Award for Project of the Year (sponsored by Mills & Reeve)
- Winner – The Nest, Norwich
- Highly commended – Dojima Brewery Sake Store, Ely
NextGen Award (sponsored by Lanpro)
- Winner – Joe Last, Savills
- Highly commended – Charlie Clark, Carter Jonas
Team of the Year (sponsored by Pigeon)
- Winner (small team) – Carter Jonas Cambridge Lettings Team
- Winner (large team) – Stantec / Barton Willmore
Property Leader of the Year (sponsored by Pigeon)
- Sven Töpel, chief executive of Brookgate
A gallery of the evening can be viewed here.
Images by alanglais.com
© Eastern Echo (powered by ukpropertyforums.com).
Sign up to receive our weekly free journal, The Forum here.