Expert consultants are wanted to form a 40-strong panel to help maintain quality of design of buildings, streets and public spaces in Oxford.
Design South East and Oxford City Council (OCC) are seeking a range of experts to join the Oxford Design Review Panel (ODRP) for a minimum of one year although it could be extended to three.
Types of experts required includes:
- Urban designers and architects
- Landscape architects
- Public realm experts
- Historic Environment experts
- Energy and sustainability experts
- Local authority planning experts
- Transport and street experts
- Regeneration and viability experts
- Other areas of expertise such as infrastructure and civil engineering, inclusive design, co-design and community engagement
- Early career or graduate mentee panel members
Cllr Alex Hollingsworth, cabinet member for planning and housing delivery for OCC, said: “Oxford City Council is committed to ensuring that the growth of this beautiful, historic city is managed in a sustainable way with a commitment to maintaining high quality design and a responsible approach to finite land resources.
“The ODRP has and will continue to be an integral part of the planning process for major schemes in Oxford. Refreshing our service offer will ensure we can continue to provide a well-respected design review service.”
The paid roles involve at least three days a year.
A recruitment pack is available here.
Deadline is 12 noon on Monday, November 2.
Image: Chensiyuan / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)
© Thames Tap No 229 (powered by ukpropertyforums.com).
Sign up to receive your free weekly Thames Tap newsletter here.