Plans for Reading’s two new swimming pools go before councillors on Wednesday (March 31) with recommendations for approval.
The new Rivermead Leisure Centre and the new pool at Palmer Park were both put forward by Reading Borough Council’s leisure services operator Greenwich Leisure Limited (GLL).
The council’s planning applications committee will consider proposals to replace Rivermead with:
A 25m eight-lane pool with moveable floor and 300 spectator seats
- A combined teaching and diving pool
- Splash pads
- A six-court sports hall with 250 spectator seats
- A 120-station gym with three studios
- A cafe/information hub and soft play area
Plans for Palmer Park include:
- Refurbishment of the existing stadium
- A 25 metre, six-lane pool
- A 100-station gym with three studios
- An activity zone for children with party rooms
- A cafe/information hub
Both have new parking, electric vehicle charging and cycle spaces.
Image shows the proposed new Rivermead.
© Thames Tap (powered by ukpropertyforums.com).
Sign up to receive your free weekly Thames Tap newsletter here.