Richmond Planning Committee has approved the demolition and redevelopment of the St Clares Business Park, Hampton Hill, following a revised proposal.
The original proposal, which was refused at appeal, has been revised. The main changes are the reduction in height by one storey, resulting in 12 fewer homes on the plot. (Covered here)
The Committee approved, favouring the provision of social housing over reducing employment space in the borough.
Notting Hill Genesis are the developers, AHR the architects and RPS Group the planning consultants.
The proposed scheme will provide:
- 100 new homes, of which 35 per cent will be affordable homes for Shared Ownership and London Affordable Rent, and 65 per cent will be for Market Sale
- A mix of townhouses and apartments, including one, two and three-bedroom homes. (All homes will have private amenity space in the form of balconies or gardens.)
- 1885 sqm of high-quality, flexible commercial space for office, research and workshop uses.
- A sustainable energy strategy featuring air-source heat pumps
- New trees, a podium garden, landscaping and play space
- A new high-quality pedestrian and vehicle entrance on Windmill Road creating a new, safe pedestrian link through the site for the community.
- Extensive greening and biodiversity uplift throughout the site.
© London West (powered by ukpropertyforums.com).
Sign up to receive our weekly free journal, The Forum here.