Following the bikehangar consultation in November 2022, Richmond Council has listened to the feedback and will proceed with installing the secure bike storage units in 29 locations.
Bikehangars are designed to provide a secure and convenient on-street cycle parking solution that can only be accessed by a member using a key. They encourage more active travel by providing a solution to those who would otherwise be unable to store a bicycle securely.
Eight units have been installed so far, with a further ten units to be installed the week commencing 13 February. More will be installed across the borough throughout March and April.
We aim to double the number of bikehanger spaces in the borough. The spaces are managed by CycleHoop and can be rented on their website.
Bikehangers have already been installed in:
- Taylor Close Car Park Hampton Hill (Two units)
- Holly Road Car Park Twickenham
- St Margaret’s Road
- Cave Road Ham
- Haggard Road Twickenham
- Albert Road Richmond
- Twickenham Green
Bikehangers will be installed in the following places:
- Church Street Car Park Twickenham
- North Road Kew
- Fitzgerald Avenue Mortlake
- Haliburton Road St Margarets
- Second Avenue Mortlake
- Marsh Farm Road Twickenham
- Radnor Road Twickenham
- Kingston Lane Teddington
- St Margarets Grove St Margarets
- Mount Ararat Road Richmond
- Onslow Road Richmond
- Sheen Roach Richmond
- Prospect Crescent Whitton
- Station Road Hampton
- Stanborough Close Hampton North
Bikehangers will be installed with minor amendments to the location in:
- Church Road Richmond
- Lancaster Park Richmond
- Grosvenor Road Twickenham
- Redfern Avenue Heathfield
- Lawn Crescent Kew
Bikehangers will not be installed in:
- Alder Road Mortlake
- Alexandra Road East Twickenham
- Kew Road North Richmond
© London West (powered by ukpropertyforums.com).
Sign up to receive our weekly free journal, The Forum here.