Wandsworth Council unveiled plans to upgrade the Watermans Green, Putney, on the back of the Thames Tideway Tunnel completion.
The section is next to the Putney Embankment, the Lower Richmond Road, and the Thames.
A listed planning consent has been submitted for:
The removal of a brick boundary wall and railings attached to the listed wall structure that forms part of Putney Bridge. Remove the existing entrance steps to Waterman’s Green to create level access and resurface the Putney Embankment junction. Landscape proposals include a new soft landscape within Waterman’s Green, lighting and resurfacing of the park area. Realignment of the Embankment wall and removal of existing railings on top of the embankment wall to be replaced with a balustrade.
Key features of the proposals include:
· More biodiversity through new planting and shrubs
· Improved lighting
· improved access with a wider entrance and a gentle ramp instead of the current steps
· Retaining the existing London Plane tree and ensuring any trees that are removed are relocated or replaced
· Looking at the opportunity for a living green roof on the Tideway kiosk
· Encouraging footfall between Putney High Street and Putney Embankment
© London West (powered by ukpropertyforums.com).
Sign up to receive our weekly free journal, The Forum here.