A scoping opinion request has revealed details of plans for major development at Gosden Hill Farm development in Guildford.
The Environmental Impact Assessment scoping report, submitted to Guildford Borough Council by Stantec, shows the plans by Martin Grant Homes for the allocated 136.03-hectare site in the north east of the town are for:
- Up to 1,800 homes, including some specialist housing and self-build plots
- A southbound junction on the A3
- Around 10,000 sq m of employment space
- Up to 2,150 sq m of space for retail, services and community uses
- A two-form entry primary school
- A four-form entry secondary school
- Up to 38.5 hectares of SAN
- Infrastructure, open space including sports pitches
- Up to eight Gypsy and traveller pitches
The report states the site must also allow for a park and for land to be made available for Guildford East (Merrow) railway station. The site borders the Guildford-London railway line.
© Thames Tap (powered by ukpropertyforums.com).
Sign up to receive our weekly free journal, The Forum here.