Concerns that approving a tower of more than 15 Storeys in the OPDC will set a precedent negatively impacting Hammersmith and Fulham resulted in the planning committee agreeing to object to the plans.
The proposal is for the demolition of existing buildings and redevelopment in the form of a building up to 25 storeys, including:
- 1,199sqm (GIA) flexible Class E(g)(ii) (research and development of products or processes) / Class E(g)(iii) (industrial processes) /
- Class B2 (general industrial) uses over basement, ground and mezzanine floors;
- 95sqm (GIA) Class E(b) (cafe) use on ground floor;
- 176 residential units (Class C3) above,
- With access, service bay, internal and external residential amenities, landscaping and public realm, play space, cycle parking, refuse, plant and all associated works.
The officers recommended that the committee object because;
“The proposed development is considered to represent harm to the townscape of Hammersmith and Fulham, namely key views within Wormwood Scrubs.”
The Old Oak Common plan allows for 15 storeys or more tower blocks.
© London West (powered by ukpropertyforums.com).
Sign up to receive our weekly free journal, The Forum here.