At the end of August, the Richmond Upon Thames planning committee approved the proposal from Solum to develop the Old Station Yard, which is the site of the original station from 1848 to 1954. The scheme has been refined and shaped by consultation with the local community, including a public exhibition, meetings with stakeholders and a Design Review Panel with Richmond Council.
Station Yard lies to the south of the railway line, with Bridge House adjacent to the east and Twickenham Station to the north east. The site is currently used as a car park, which will be surplus to requirements once the overall redevelopment of the station has been completed.
Immediately to the west of the site is land owned by Transport for London (TfL) as a bus waiting stand. The Albany Public House is beyond this to the west.
- 46 new homes (38 x 1-bed and 8 x 2-bed) in a highly accessible location, close to the revamped Twickenham Station and the town centre
- Regeneration of an underutilised brownfield site to alleviate pressures on existing housing stock
- A sensitively designed scheme, which takes cues from local architecture and existing buildings
- Pedestrian, cycle and public realm improvements leading to Mary’s Terrace and Station Road, working alongside the potential improvements to land in front of the Albany Public House
- A quantum of affordable housing, subject to viability review and negotiation with Richmond Council.
© London West (powered by ukpropertyforums.com)
Please rate this article out of five stars below. You can comment too, using the form at the bottom of the page.